Decorating can be a daunting task, but if you have a solid design aesthetic in mind before you start shopping, it can actually be fun! And when you have access to practically every home accent at your fingertips, it can be as easy as clicking a button.
When it comes to home style, modern pieces have a tendency to date themselves (ironic, huh?), and frankly it’s hard to keep up with what’s trending at what moment. But rustic wall decor — think barn wood, distressed paint, and metal accents — never goes out of style. In fact, the look fits with any color scheme, while the neutral, woody tones will add warmth to your space.
See more of our best product recommendations.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.
- Material: Wood; Iron
- Coat/Paint Distressing
Tin stars are a popular rustic accent. This one is made of both distressed wood and iron, adding a little extra flair with its ornate design. The turquoise color will pop on your wall, but if you’re looking for a more subdued style, the burnt red color will blend with your other decor.
- “Love this. Very rustic. Lots of imperfections on this. Just what I needed outdoor.“
- “I love the rustic flair. It is a great piece to hang up high, as it immediately draws your attention upwards when you see it…. so a beautiful way to accent and bring attention to high ceilings, light fixtures, etc.“
$91.92, Home Depot
- 31.5” square x 1.38” D
- Large, easy to read
- Style meets functionality with this unique timepiece
Its aesthetics alone make it a showpiece, but this rustic wall clock is also fully-functional! It would look great in a home office, entryway, or living room. Though large, it’s surprisingly lightweight — less than 9 pounds — so it won’t require multiple people to hang, and you can rest easy knowing it’s secure on your wall.
- “This is a beautiful clock that [goes] so well with our farmhouse collection. Great price and easy to hang on wall.“
- “Beautiful clock! Well made, and smells like cedar! love it!”
$76.55, Home Depot
- 59” tall x 24” wide, 9.68 pounds
- Distressed gray iron finish
- Features 6 semi cylinder planter shelves
- Simple tubular back frame
We love wall planters. This one in industrial in style, with six tiers of galvanized iron shelves to provide plenty of space to grow and display your seedlings. In addition to lush, hanging greens, you can also use the shelves as regular shelving for knick knacks and picture frames.
- “Luv it! Put it up in our bedroom with our new rustic decor! The galvanized shelves are the perfect touch!”
- “The planter was easy to assemble and looks great. I love it, it’s a great industrial looking piece.”
Starting at $48.99, Wayfair
- A premium hand wrapped giclée canvas
- Printed and inspected one at a time utilizing the latest archival giclée inks
Art can be expensive, but this wrapped canvas is not only affordable, it comes in different sizes so you can find the right piece for your space. The canvas is professionally hand-stretched and gallery wrapped over a solid wood stretcher bar frame, so you can feel like an “art person” (even if you’re not).
- “This wrapped canvas was perfect for the collage I created behind our couch. The little bit of yellow adds the perfect touch.“
- “I purchased this for my dining room but my husband liked it so much that it is now hanging in his ‘man cave’. It looks great with the neutral palette and dark brown leather furniture. This is a winner!“
- 17.4 x 12.6 x 1 inches
- Can hold four 4×6 or 5×7 inch photos
Wall frames are treasured pieces, often that get passed down from generation to generation. This barn-door style collage frame beautifully displays your family photos in either 4″x6″ or 5″x7″ sizes. It also comes in turquoise and brown colors, so you can find one that matches your style.
- “I ordered two of these frames for pictures of my grandchildren. The frames arrived promptly, packaged together, and undamaged. These are really cute frames! They look better in person than on the website! I removed the mats and 5×7 pictures fit perfectly.“
- “I love this frame because it’s an eye catcher. Looks great in my home even though I don’t have an exclusive farm theme. It came on time and was packaged well. It is well made and 5×7 pictures went in perfectly. The mat for smaller pictures is nice quality. Very happy with this purchase. Thank you.“
- 25.75” H x 25.75” W
- 3.74 pounds
With and average of 4.8/5 stars after 148 reviews, it’s easy to see why this rustic medallion is a fan-favorite. Made of distressed wood and iron, this lightweight but large accent is a showpiece that fits with any color scheme. Plus, it has an attached keyhole for easy hanging!
- “Love this! Would make a statement on any wall. It is a simple design, but has an impact. Lightweight and easy to hang.“
- “Excellent quality and looks great in our guest bedroom. I could use it in several rooms because it is so versatile.“
$65.99 (was $81.99), Wayfair
- Material: Solid Wood
- 22” W x 8” D
- 5 sizes to choose from
- Coat/Paint Distressing
Floating shelves are popular because you don’t need unsightly brackets to secure them to your wall. This distressed floating shelf is made of high-quality, solid wood. It comes in five sizes, and is deep enough to fit all your favorite frames and tchotchkes.
“Ordered this for a fireplace mantle and it is perfect! It took us less than 10 minutes to install. We used masonry screws versus the wood screws provided. Great product!“
“We love these shelves and they were easy to install! They have not started to sag like other floating shelves we’ve had. I love the finishing of them as they’re all a little different so look very custom, not ‘manufactured’.“
$66.99 (was $78.99), Wayfair
- 36” H x 18” W
- 5 pounds
- Solid + Manufactured Wood
- Coat/Paint Distressing
Inspirational barn accents have a way of making people smile, or in this case tear up. The quote from Louis Armstrong’s famous song, What a Wonderful World, fits perfectly with the worn, humble style of the rustic board it’s printed on. This would make a sentimental gift for a close friend or family member (or to yourself!).
“I have always loved the lyrics to this song, and the color in this is beautiful. It is a nice stand alone piece of wall art, or would also be a nice addition in a gallery-wall group. Love it!“
“I loved this from the moment I saw it! Some of the reviews indicated that it arrived much brighter than the distressed picture indicted; that was my experience as well. I am actually happy that it was brighter, as I think it matches my room much better! I would definitely recommend this to others! Happy Shopping!“