Sweet, salty and absolutely delicious — dulce de leche and dark chocolate make the perfect pair top our crisp buttery cookies finished with sea salt.
2 hours, 5 minutes
- ½ cup butter, at room temp.
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup dulce de leche, at room temp.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Flaky sea salt
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. On medium speed, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth, about 1 min. On low, beat in flour, vanilla and salt until dough comes together, 1-2 min. Roll dough into 2”-wide log; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill until firm, at least 1 hr.
- Unwrap log; transfer cutting board. Cut into⅛”-thick slices. Transfer to baking sheets, placing 2” apart. Bake until lightly golden along edges, 10-12 min., topping with 1 tsp. dulce de leche in center of each cookie for last 4 min. of baking time. Cool at least 30 min. Spoon ½ tsp. of dark chocolate on top of centers of each cookie. Sprinkle with salt.