Individual Nacho Bread Bowls
Always a hit at any party, a classic bread bowl is never out of fashion. This delicious Mexican-inspired recipe means you can indulge without sharing — yum!
- 6 medium bread rolls
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp. extra
- 2 finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1/4 cup of packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated smoked cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 bunch finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- To serve: chopped tomato, cilantro leaves, lime wedges, sweet chili sauce, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice tops from bread rolls. Scoop out bread, leaving a half inch edge. Tear bread into rough pieces, add to bowl, and toss with oil. Place on an oven tray with rolls. Bake for four to five minutes until golden brown. Remove baked bread.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat remaining oil on high. Sauté green onions for two minutes.
- Add ground beef, brown well, for four to five minutes, breaking up lumps. Stir taco seasoning through, and cook for one minute. Cool slightly.
- Stir cream cheese, smoked cheese, sour cream, cilantro and lime juice throughout. Spoon dip into rolls. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until dip has warmed.
- Top rolls with chopped tomato and cilantro leaves. Accompany with lime wedges, sweet chili sauce, and sour cream.
This post was written by Food to Love editors. For more, check out our sister site, Food to Love.
More from Woman’s World
Tomato and Onion Bread Bowl Dip
Creamed Corn and Bacon Bread Bowl
ARNICARE FOR PAIN AND BRUISES!
Powered by Arnica montana, Arnicare® is designed to treat muscle pain, swelling, and discoloration from bruising. The unscented gel cools on contact and absorbs quickly into your skin, leaving no sticky or greasy residue, and provides you with the relief you seek. Learn more at Arnicare.com.