Recently, someone on Twitter posed the question, “What is an item under $100 you purchased that made your life noticeably better?” The answers ranged from acupressure mats to electric kettles and blackout blinds — and more than a few people mentioned the adoption fees they’d paid for their beloved four-legged friends — but the number of nifty kitchen gadgets we’d never even heard of before is what what really caught our eye.
From a silicone microwave popcorn maker to a cast iron skillet-cleaning gizmo made from what looks like chain mail, here are seven amazing — and amazingly affordable — items that have the potential to change your life (or at least make it a little easier). We’ve included the tweet that inspired each pick, along with the product, below. Keep scrolling to shop Twitter’s favorite kitchen gadgets that all cost less than $100!
See more of our best product recommendations.
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.
If you love making popcorn in the microwave, but don’t love the taste of microwave popcorn (and want to avoid the chemicals), you need this popcorn maker.
Where to buy: $13.99, Amazon
- Available in three colors
- Dishwasher safe
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
Buttering your morning toast has never been easier than with this handy gadget!
Where to buy: $26.95, Amazon
- Available in 10 colors and designs
- Made of high-grade, durable ceramic
- Keeps butter at the perfect temperature
If digital thermometers are always conking out on you, try this fancy model that people are passionate about.
Where to buy: $99, ThermoWorks
- Reads in 2-3 seconds
- Requires one AAA battery and has a 3,000 hour battery life
Level up your pizza night game with this heavy duty device!
Where to buy: $74.99, Amazon
- Made of solid steel (it’s heavy!)
- 20x higher conductivity than ceramic baking stones
- Creates gorgeous crusts, better blistering, and faster cook times
The proper way to clean a cast iron skillet is a frequent subject of debate, but everyone seems to agree that this medieval-looking gizmo works great.
Where to buy: $19.99, Amazon
- Measures 4″x4″
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
- Recommended by professional chefs
Although, this person prefers to use a Lodge scraper. At this price, why not try both and see which one you like best?
Where to buy: $9.99, Amazon
- Set of two includes one red and one black scraper
- Dishwasher safe
- 4 different shaped corners can clean pans of any shape
- Also removes gum and stickers