Nutty and chewy, this praline-inspired bite topped with dulce de leche is sure to be a hit — you can customize with your favorite toasted nuts.
2 hours, 15 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (11 oz.) pkg. caramel candies
- 3 Tbs. heavy cream
- 48 toasted pecan halves
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. In bowl, combine flour, soda and salt; reserve. On medium speed, beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, 2 min. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. On low, beat in flour mixture until just combined. Drop by 1½ tablespoonfuls 2” apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Chill 15 min. Bake until edges are golden, 8-10 min. Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Transfer to racks cool completely.
- In small pot, combine caramels and cream; cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth, about 6 min. Cool until slightly thickened and spreadable, 20-25 min. Spoon 1 tsp. caramel onto each cookie; top with pecan half. Chill until caramel is firm, 15 min.