As easy as chop, toss and serve, this no-cook salad transforms leftover chicken and stale bread into a showstopping start to an effortlessly cool summer dinner.
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs. tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 3 peaches, chopped
- 6 cups cubed day-old sourdough bread
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup Italian dressing, such as Newman’s Own
- On large serving platter, combine first 8 ingredients.
- Add Italian dressing; toss well to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.