The classic New Orleans sandwich stuffed with deli meats, cheese, and a lively olive salad is make-ahead easy and always a hit.
BOGO Never Felt So Good
Whether you're looking to sleep better, have less anxiety, get pain relief or simply unwind the mind, these award-winning CBD Gummies from Sky Wellness do just the trick! Available in a variety of flavors, don't miss this special BOGO offer. Learn more at SkyWellness.com.
- 1 c. pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 c. pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. minced shallots
- 2 tbsp. chopped celery
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 (8"–9") loaf crusty round bread
- 1 c. baby arugula leaves
- 4 oz. thinly sliced salami
- 4 oz. thinly sliced capicola
- 4 oz. thinly sliced mortadella
- 4 oz. thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. thinly sliced Provolone cheese
Heat oven to 350°F. Mix olives, olive oil, shallots, celery, parsley, garlic, and pepper. Cut bread in half horizontally; remove enough of soft bread from bottom half to make room for fillings. Fill bottom half of bread with half of olive mixture; top with layers of arugula, meats, and cheeses.
Top with remaining olive mixture. Replace top half of bread; wrap sandwich in foil. Bake muffaletta until warmed throughout and cheese is melted, 20–30 min. Sandwich can also be served at room temp.; let stand at least 1 hr. for flavors to blend.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.