These puffs are the perfect mix of savory and sweet!
- 4 large sweet potatoes, baked, peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 12 mini marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine sweet potatoes, maple syrup, orange zest, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, toss coconut and cinnamon.
- Shape potato mixture into 2″ balls. Press 2 mini marshmallows into the center of each ball. Gently roll balls in coconut mixture to coat.
- Place balls on greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 10 min. or until coconut is golden brown. Let sit 10 min. Arrange on a serving platter.
3 irresistible variations
- Nicely Nutty: Mix ¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts with the coconut.
- Slightly Spicy: Stir ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper into the potato mixture.
- Sweet ’n’ Tangy: Replace 1 mini marshmallow in each ball with ¼ tsp. chopped fresh cranberries.