Sour cream, butter, and seasoning mix combine to make these spuds extra creamy and delicious.
- 6 sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. dry ranch dip mix, such as Hidden Valley
- 1 small red pepper, seeded, very thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 325°F. With a fork, prick potatoes all over; microwave until tender, about 10 min. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Horizontally cut top ⅓ from each potato. Carefully scoop potato from skins, leaving ¼ “-thick shells. Reserve shells; discard top skins.
- In a bowl, mash potato flesh with sour cream, butter, and dip mix until smooth. If desired, transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe or spoon mixture into reserved shells; place on baking sheet. Bake until heated through, 10–15 min. Top with pepper strips and scallions. If desired, sprinkle with cracked black pepper.