Dates in the batter are the secret ingredient that ensure these bite-sized delights bake up extra moist and delicious — a cherry-berry sauce makes ‘em even better.
1 hr., 15 min.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup raspberries + additional
- 4 oz. fresh cherries, pitted, halved
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 15¼” x 10¼” rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine dates with enough boiling water to cover. Let stand until soft, about 1 hr.; drain. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; reserve.
- In food processor, puree dates with 2 Tbs. hot water. In large bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup granulated sugar, butter, 1 tsp. vanilla extract and dates. Fold in reserved flour mixture; spread in pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 12 min. Transfer to rack; let cool.
- In food processor, puree raspberries, cherries and remaining 2 Tbs. granulated sugar; strain. On medium speed, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and remaining ½ tsp. vanilla until smooth. On low, gradually beat in heavy cream; on medium, beat until stiff. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with star tip. Using 2½” round cookie cutter, cut out 16 shapes from brownie.
- Transfer 8 brownies to serving plate; pipe on cream. Top with remaining brownies, fruit sauce and cream. If desired, garnish with mint.
BOGO Never Felt So Good
Whether you're looking to sleep better, have less anxiety, get pain relief or simply unwind the mind, these award-winning CBD Gummies from Sky Wellness do just the trick! Available in a variety of flavors, don't miss this special BOGO offer. Learn more at SkyWellness.com.