- 1 package (15.25 oz.) dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1/2 c. mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c. butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. white chocolate chips melted, cooled slightly
- 3 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 c. sour cream at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 24 mini marshmallows
- 6 regular marshmallows
- 24 black jelly beans
- 24 small candy eyes
- Wilton pearlized snowflake sprinkles
- 12 mini Oreo cookies
- 96 brown M&M's Minis candies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahreheit. Line 24 muffin cups with liners.
On low speed, beat cake mix with 1 cup water, eggs, oil, and pudding mix until blended, 30 seconds; on medium, beat 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Divide among liners.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Transfer from pans to racks; cool.
On medium-high, beat butter until fluffy. On low, beat in melted white chips. Gradually beat in sugar, then sour cream and vanilla; on medium-high, beat until fluffy. Reserve 2 tablespoons frosting. Transfer remaining frosting to pastry bag fitted with medium round tip (such as Wilton #1A). Pipe frosting in swirl over each cupcake.
For face cupcakes, cut each mini marshmallow in half crosswise for ears; flatten each piece slightly. Press into frosting. For muzzles, cut 1/4-inch-thick slice from each end of each regular marshmallow; discard center pieces. Place on cupcakes. Attach jelly bean noses, eyes and sprinkles with reserved frosting.
For paws cupcakes, separate Oreos; place 2 halves on each cupcake, filling side down. Arrange M&M’s and sprinkles on cupcakes.
Makes 12 face and 12 paws cupcakes.