Chicken-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Bulk up good-for-you spuds — microwaved in minutes — with chicken, beans, and slaw.
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. green Tabasco sauce
- 1 c. thinly sliced red cabbage, 2 oz.
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 1 c. shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 c. rinsed drained black beans
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 4 (8 oz.) sweet potatoes, baked
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Cilantro leaves
Grate 1 tsp. zest and squeeze 1 Tbsp. juice from lime into bowl; stir in oil, Tabasco, and pinch of salt. In separate bowl, toss cabbage and red onion with 1 Tbsp. lime mixture. Toss chicken in remaining lime mixture. Combine beans and sour cream. Split potatoes lengthwise; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper, then fluff with fork.
Dividing evenly, top potatoes with chicken and beans. On microwave-safe plate, microwave potatoes in 15-sec. intervals until potatoes are hot. Top with cabbage mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.