A fall spice blend gives this roast amazing flavor that’s easy enough for a weeknight — yet special enough for a weekend gathering.
- 1 (5 lb.) rotisserie chicken
- 1 Tbs. poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place chicken on rack in roasting pan. Pour 2 cups water into bottom of pan.
- In bowl, combine poultry seasoning, allspice, nutmeg, 2 Tbs. orange juice and 2 tsp. orange zest. With metal skewer, pierce chicken skin repeatedly over legs, thighs and breast. Rub seasoning mixture over chicken; coat with cooking spray.
- Cover chicken lightly with foil. Roast 1 ½ hrs., or until internal temp. is 180°F, uncovering during last 30 min. Let rest 15 min. before serving.