Bacon, cheese and potatoes; what could be better?
1 ½ hours
- 6 sweet potatoes (about 2 ½ lbs.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ Tbs. vegetable oil
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup shredded low-fat cheddar
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F. Coat potatoes with cooking spray; place on baking sheet. Bake for 50 min. or until tender. Cut lengthwise in half; scoop out the flesh, leaving ¼ ” shell. In a bowl, mash flesh.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in oil for 4 min. Stir onion mixture and bacon into mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill shells with mixture; cut into thirds. Top with cheddar. Bake 10 min. or until heated. Top with sour cream.