A cinch to prep with rotisserie chicken and packaged coleslaw, these crowd-pleasing pitas have a hidden hint of sweet crunch thanks to apple slices.
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 5 c. packaged coleslaw mix
- 3/4 c. thinly sliced red onions
- 4 c. shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
- 1 large green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 pita breads, halved
In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, salt, and pepper. Add coleslaw mix and red onions; toss until blended.
In microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken and sauce; microwave in 15-sec. intervals until heated. Divide chicken, apples, and coleslaw evenly among pitas.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.