With all the flavor and none of the fussy layering, this meaty, cheesy shortcut dish makes it easy to enjoy “lasagna” any night of the week.
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 3 Italian sausage links about 8 oz., casings removed, crumbled
- 4 c. marinara pasta sauce from 2 (24 oz.) jars
- 1/2 c. red wine or water
- tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1 c. shredded Italian 6-cheese blend 4 oz.
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; reserve.
Heat same pot over medium heat. Add ground beef and sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink, about 10 min.
Add sauce, wine and red pepper flakes. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 10 min. to blend flavors.
Stir in reserved pasta; cook 1 min. or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in shredded cheese and Parmesan. Top with dollops of ricotta; sprinkle with parsley.