Beef ‘n Sausage Bow Tie Lasagna
With all the flavor and none of the fussy layering, this meaty, cheesy shortcut dish makes it easy to enjoy “lasagna” any night of the week.
6 - 6 serving
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 3 Italian sausage links about 8 oz., casings removed, crumbled
- 4 c. marinara pasta sauce from 2 (24 oz.) jars
- 1/2 c. red wine or water
- tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1 c. shredded Italian 6-cheese blend 4 oz.
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; reserve.
Heat same pot over medium heat. Add ground beef and sausage; cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink, about 10 min.
Add sauce, wine and red pepper flakes. Bring to boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 10 min. to blend flavors.
Stir in reserved pasta; cook 1 min. or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in shredded cheese and Parmesan. Top with dollops of ricotta; sprinkle with parsley.