Cheesy Stuffed Shells
With four kinds of cheese, fresh basil, capers, and a touch of grated lemon zest, this ooey-gooey stuffed pasta sensation is sure to have your family begging for seconds.
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (24 oz.) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) cont. ricotta cheese
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese blend 8 oz.
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. drained capers chopped
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Caper berries and basil sprigs optional
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, heat oven to 425°F. Coat 17 1/4" x 11 1/2" rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine 1 1/2 cups sauce with 1/2 cup water; spread over bottom of pan.
Combine ricotta, shredded cheese, Parmesan, basil, egg, chopped capers, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Dividing equally, spoon filling into shells; place on pan. Dollop remaining sauce over shells; cover. Bake 20–25 min. or until filling is hot. If desired, broil 2–3 min. to brown slightly. If desired, garnish with caper berries and basil.