Bite into a hot sandwich stuffed with everything that makes pizza yummy!
- 2 tbsp. Land O Lakes butter softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. minced garlic from a jar
- 1 (12-16 oz.) prepared Italian bread shell, focaccia bread, or round bread loaf sliced in half horizontally
- 4 oz. (about 24 slices) deli hard salami
- 2 large red onion slices separated into rings
- 4 (1/4") green pepper rings
- 6 (3/4 oz. each) slices Land O Lakes deli American cheese
- 4 (1/4" thick) tomato slices
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Stir together butter, Italian seasoning, and minced garlic in a bowl. Spread mixture onto one cut-side of focaccia slice or bread half.
Layer with salami, red onion rings, green pepper rings, American cheese, and tomato slices. Top with remaining half of focaccia or bread.
Wrap sandwich in foil. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 30-40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Cut into 4 wedges. Serve warm.
Tip: To make ahead, assemble sandwiches as directed up to 4 hours ahead. Wrap in foil and refrigerate until ready to heat. Place onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven until heated through and cheese is melted, 45-50 minutes.