Ready in just 45 minutes, this Spanish rice dish is even heartier packed with chunks of chicken and kielbasa!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- cut into ¼”-thick slices
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Spanish-style yellow rice
- 1 can (14 ½ oz.) lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 c. 1” chunks cooked chicken
- 1 c. drained sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add kielbasa; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5-7 minutes. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 5-7 minutes.
Stir in rice, broth, and ¼ cup water; over medium-high heat, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes, adding peas during last 10 minutes of cooking time. Remove from heat; stir in chicken and olives. Cover; let stand 5 minutes before serving.