Smoky bacon and spicy brown mustard give these meatballs robust flavor — and a filling of gooey mozzarella cheese makes them even more irresistible.
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c. plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese cut into 12 (3⁄4-inch) chunks
- 1 1/2 lb. carrots halved lengthwise into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- 1 container refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes heated
Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahreneheit. Coat large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. In bowl, mix beef, bacon, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, mustard and onion powder. Shape into 12 balls; tuck 1 cheese chunk into center of each, covering with meat. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once.
Heat reserved drippings over medium-low. Add carrots and salt; cover . Cook 15 minutes. Stir in honey. Cook uncovered until glazed, 3 to 5 minutes, then sprinkle with parsley. Serve with meatballs and potatoes.