Topped with fresh tomatoes and crispy Parmesan breadcrumbs, this Italian-style casserole will delight.
- 8 oz. ziti pasta
- 1 (15 oz.) jar basil Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 c. shredded fontina cheese
- 1 c. frozen kale thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. butter melted
- 2 Small tomatoes thinly sliced
Coat 11"x7" baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Stir in Alfredo sauce, fontina, kale, lemon zest, and pepper into pasta; over medium heat, cook until cheese melts and mixture is heated through 4-5 min.
In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and butter.
Transfer pasta mixture to baking dish; sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Arrange tomato slices on top.
Broil5-7 min. until browned and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.