Revive the excitement of the holidays with our decadent Nutella Hot Chocolate. The weather may be cold and dreary, but this indulgent drink is a warm, chocolatey hug in a mug. We recommend brewing up a batch for the family and then relaxing in front of the fire with a blanket or two. Maybe this winter thing isn’t so bad after all.
- 1/2 c. white candy melts melted
- 1/2 c. blue candy melts melted
- 1/2 c. light cocoa candy melts melted
- White and blue edible glitter
- Pearlized snowflake sprinkles
- 2 c. milk
- 2/3 c. hazelnut-chocolate spread such as Nutella
- 1/4 c. instant dry milk powder
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer each color of candy melts to separate disposable pastry bag; snip tips.
Pipe 2 1/2-inch to 1 1/2-inch snowflakes on parchment paper. While still wet, sprinkle edible glitter over white and blue snowflakes and attach snowflake sprinkles to cocoa snowflakes. Refrigerate until set (15 minutes).
In pot, combine milk, Nutella, milk powder, and cocoa. Cook over low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and hot (7 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Garnish with whipped cream and snowflakes.
Adult Version: When adding vanilla to hot cocoa, also add 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream liqueur and 1/4 cup coffee liqueur.