Cleaning the bathroom may not be your favorite thing to do but, like with most household chores, keeping on top of things only makes the job easier. Left unattended for too long and your bathroom will quickly become a breeding ground for mould and bacteria.
Keep your bathroom looking and feeling fresh with our weekly and monthly bathroom cleaning checklist
Basic Bathroom Cleaning Tips
Complete these jobs at least once a week to keep your bathroom looking fresh:
- Vacuum the floor to remove hair and dust.
- Replace your bath mat with a fresh one.
- Spray shower and bath, leaving the cleaner to work while you wipe down the walls.
- Use a squeegee for any glass panels or doors in the shower.
- Remove everything from vanity top and wipe down top and basin.
- Clean mirror.
- Scrub and disinfect inside of toilet, and don’t forget under the seat and all other nooks and crannies. Wipe down outside of toilet.
- Leave a drop of disinfectant or a squeeze of lemon in the bottom of the toilet brush container to keep it smelling fresh.
- Mop tiles.
How to Deep Clean Your Bathroom
Complete these jobs once a month to keep on top of stubborn bathroom grime:
- Remove any dust build-up over the ceiling fan.
- Scrub shower and bath, paying close attention to edges and grouting, a remove stubborn stains.
- Clean tile grout by filling a spray bottle with a half-and-half solution of vinegar and warm water. Spray on the grout, let it stand for five minutes, and then scrub with a stiff-bristled brush using a circular motion.
- Target mould with Exit Mould to banish ingrained mould stains and penetrate porous surfaces. All you have to do is spray the affected area, wait and then wash away.
- Clean the base and around the back of your toilet.
- To clean your shower curtain, wash it in the washing machine with about one cup each of vinegar and bleach.
- Polish fixtures. Combine one part vinegar to two parts water on a microfibre cloth, and buff away grease, fingerprints and soap residue.
This article originally appeared on our sister site, Now to Love.