These nutrient-packed treatments instantly whisk away winter’s buildup of beauty bothers, so you can welcome the warmer weather with confidence. Try one of these body scrubs for cellulite, stretch marks, age spots, and more!
To scrub away cellulite: Coffee + aloe
Coffee grounds exfoliate so skin appears smoother, while the brew’s diuretic caffeine flushes the excess fluids and trapped toxins that emphasize cellulite. And hydrating aloe vera’s skin-plumping effect makes dimples less noticeable.
- TRY IT! Simply rub a palmful of a coffee- and aloe-infused scrub (like Acure Energizing Coffee Body Scrub, $10, iHerb.com) onto cellulite and let sit for 5 minutes; rinse.
To scrub away stretch marks: Sea salt + argan oil
Gritty sea salt exfoliates, while its minerals improve skin’s health to reduce the appearance of the skin tears. And adding fatty acid–rich argan oil helps “fill in” marks to further “erase” them.
- TRY IT! Combine 1 Tbs. of sea salt and 1 Tbs. of argan oil (like SheaMoisture 100% Pure Argan Oil, $10, Ulta.com). Rub on stretch marks for 1 minute; rinse.
To scrub away volume sappers: Chia seed + coconut milk
The tiny black seeds slough off the dry skin and product buildup that clog hair follicles to help encourage new growth, and their protein fortifies hair at the root to prevent fallout. Moisturizing coconut milk leaves hair looking instantly lustrous and full.
- TRY IT! Mix 1 Tbs. of chia seeds and 1⁄4 cup of coconut milk; let soak for 5 minutes. Rub on the scalp. Let sit 15 minutes; rinse.
To scrub away age spots: Sugar + pineapple
Sugar’s glycolic acid helps dissolve dry, discolored cells on skin to reveal new, brighter skin underneath. And pineapple’s vitamin C brightens skin so spots look even lighter.
- TRY IT! Rub a dime-size amount of a scrub (like Tree Hut Brightening Pineapple & Papaya a Face Scrub, $10, Ulta.com) on damp, discolored d skin for 1 minute, then rinse.
To scrub away rough patches: Baking soda + lime
Mildly abrasive baking soda softens and removes the thick patches of dry skin along knees and elbows. And lime’s alpha hydroxy acids further exfoliate to make skin baby-soft, while its antioxidants help repair skin’s barrier to prevent parched patches from forming.
- TRY IT! Mix 2 Tbs. of baking soda,1 ⁄2 Tbs. of lime juice and 1 Tbs. of water. While showering, massage onto rough skin for 1 minute, then rinse.
To whiten teeth: White turmeric
To shed years of built-up discoloration on teeth, look to white turmeric. The spice has a gritty texture that buffs off surface stains, while its compounds pull out deeper discoloration within the enamel. Plus, its antimicrobial properties remove plaque and bacteria to keep teeth looking bright. And unlike its yellow counterpart, the colorless version won’t stain teeth further.
This story originally appeared in our print magazine.