Once your family gets a taste of these golden fruit-and-nut-stuffed buns dipped in meltingly delicious Brie, they’ll want you to serve this spectacular wreath every year!
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Hodgson Mill white bread mix
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. warm water (95°F-110°F)
- 2 Tbs. cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbs. butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 cont. (19.6 oz.) whole round Brie cheese, container reserved
- Parsley leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sugared cranberries, rosemary sprigs and orange zest strips, optional
- Make dough: Coat large bowl with cooking spray. Prepare bread mix according to package directions with warm water and butter. Transfer dough to bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size 1-1 ½ hours.
- Make filling: In bowl, combine cranberries, walnuts, marmalade, butter, rosemary and zest; cover and reserve. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Trim rind from top of cheese and discard. Cover cheese; refrigerate.
- For dough: On lightly floured surface, roll dough out into 18″x13″ rectangle; cut in half lengthwise. Spread half of filling over each piece of dough, leaving about ½”-1″ border. Roll up dough: Starting with long side, roll up each piece jellyroll style; place seam side down on surface. Cut each roll in half crosswise. Stretch and roll each piece to about 24″ long. Cut each piece into thirds crosswise. Keep dough covered when not in use.
- Shape dough into buns: Slightly stretch each piece to 9″ long, keeping seam side down. Curl each piece into a bun and tuck ends under.
- To create wreath: Place bottom of empty cheese container in center of baking sheet. Place buns around container, sides touching. Coat one side of another sheet of parchment paper with cooking spray. Place coated side down over tops of buns; place damp towel on top. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size, 30-60 minutes.
- Bake wreath: Preheat oven to 375°F. Carefully remove cheese container. Place Brie in center. Arrange parsley leaves on top of buns. Brush buns with egg. Bake 45 minutes or until dough is baked through and golden brown. Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with cranberries, rosemary and orange zest.