Ginger-Sesame Beef and Veggie Stir-Fry
The key to this speedy twist on a takeout favorite? Bottled sauce brightened with fresh cilantro.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 red and/or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4"-wide strips, 2 cups
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 3/4" wedges
- 1 c. snow peas
- 1 c. drained canned whole baby corn
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4"-wide strips
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 8 oz. angel hair pasta or soba noodles, cooked
In 12" nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper strips and onion wedges; cook, stirring occasionally, 2–3 min. Add snow peas and corn; cook, stirring occasionally, until peppers are just tender, about 2 min.; transfer to plate.
Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In same skillet, heat remaining oil over high heat. Add beef; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 2–3 min. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, 30 sec. Add vegetables and dressing; cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 30 sec. Stir in cilantro; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with cooked pasta.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.