As if jumping into a pile of leaves wasn't fun enough, now a website called Cash 4 Leaves actually wants to pay you for collecting them. They're apparently dishing out $1 for a maple leaf. Say what?!
Before you start sending in your whole backyard pile, it's worth noting that Cash 4 Leaves is not looking for any old run-of-the-mill maple leaves. If you want to make some easy money from fall foliage, those leaves have to meet some pretty specific requirements.
Cash 4 Leaves conditions
1) No visible imperfections, mold, bugs, tears or excessive decay
2) Must be collected and shipped from New England (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut)
3) Must be shipped in a sealed plastic bag
4) Must be red, yellow or orange (or a combination)
5) No brown leaves (anywhere) are accepted; even the smallest parts with brown will be rejected
6) Use your best judgement, based on the pictures of our products
7) We want to buy your absolute BEST leaves
Wow! Clearly Cash 4 Leaves takes their leaf business seriously. And just in case those requirements didn't seem strict enough, they also use "state-of-the-art" testing in the form of electronic analysis and visual fluorescence testing to be sure their leaves are nothing less than top notch. But when you hear the reason why the rules are so rigid, it totally makes sense.
Cash 4 Leaves actually has another site called Ship Foliage, where customers can shop for fall-themed products, including a single preserved leaf (selling for $7.99 at the moment, if you're interested). Now, doesn't it make sense why the company wants to give obvious fall enthusiasts the absolute best of the season?
Now, we don't know about you, but we have a sudden urge to get raking!
h/t House Beautiful
See some great tips to save you money in the video below.