Marinated lamb chops are a perfect way to whip up a high-quality dinner that will impress just about everyone (except your vegetarian friends). Whether you're cooking on an outside grill, a broiler, or a stove-top grill pan, you're bound to get the juiciest flavor out of the lamb thanks to this beer marinade. So, what are you waiting for? Start up that grill, chop chop.
- 8 lamb chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 cups Kloud beer (or another malt beer)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 peppercorns
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup Rufus Teague Honey Sweet BBQ Sauce (Amazon)
- 1 Tbsp. Rufus Teague Spicy Meat Rub (Amazon)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tsp. cornstarch (optional)
1. Season the chops with the spicy meat rub.
2. Add all ingredients to a pan (minus the cornstarch), and allow to marinade for over an hour — though the longer, the better!
3. Poach chops in the BBQ-infused beer marinade in a deep pan for about 30 minutes on a low simmer.
4. Remove chops from marinade.
5. Continue to cook down marinade until it retains a thick, sauce-like consistency. If the sauce fails to thicken, add 1 tsp. of cornstarch to 1 Tbsp. of cold water and whisk until smooth. Add to sauce and stir for 5 minutes.
6. Grill chops on both side for about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
7. Serve with the BBQ/beer sauce, even more Rufus Teague BBQ sauce, and chopped chives.
This recipe was originally published on Rufus Teague.