Looking for fun things to do with the grandkids during spring break? We've got you covered, whether you're looking for something old-school like a picnic in the park, or you're trying to save money by entertaining the kiddos at home.
Fun Things to Do With Your Young Grandkids
- Put together a family scrapbook of all your memories together.
- Visit the petting zoo and feed the goats.
- Watch a sunset together.
- Build sandcastles at the beach.
- Throw an afternoon tea party.
- Have a browse at the farmer's market.
- Sing along to all their favorite nursery rhymes.
- Blow bubbles in the backyard.
- Collect flowers to make a bouquet.
- Design jewelry, like macaroni necklaces.
- Fly a kite at the park.
- Find some chalk and play hopscotch.
- Run through the sprinklers in your bathing suits.
- Buy some brushes and watercolors for an art day.
- Bake a pie with berries you picked from a farm.
- Hold a puppet show.
- Take turns reading their favorite books.
- Build a birdhouse together.
- Sell homemade lemonade.
- Organize a scavenger hunt.
Fun Things to Do With Your Teenage Grandkids
- Take a trip to the ice skating rink.
- Dig through grandma's jewelry box.
- Learn a new language together.
- Volunteer at a local soup kitchen.
- Play a game of chess.
- Go bowling.
- Get tickets for local outdoor concerts.
- Host a board game tournament.
- Enjoy a leisurely boat ride around the lake.
- Splurge on mani-pedis.
- Cast a rod at the local fishing hole.
- Hit some balls at the batting cages.
- Challenge them to a round of mini golf.
- Pick a spot and go camping.
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Plant some spring and summer fruits and veggies.
- Rent a movie to watch together.
- Hike together at a state park.
No matter how you choose to spend the day with your grandkids, showing your grandkids they are loved is one of the most important jobs of a grandparent. If you do that, there's no end to the number of memories, laughter, and smiles you all will share.