Add some brightness to your roasted cauliflower and pumpkin with zesty chili and lime cashews. The fresh, light flavor of coconut is an added bonus. No matter what your main dish for the meal is tonight, this is one side dish that will have your whole family asking for more.
- 2.2 lbs. Japanese pumpkin (also called kabocha squash), unpeeled, cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup shaved coconut, roasted
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 fresh long red chili, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pumpkin and cauliflower on a large oven tray. Brush with coconut oil and season to taste. Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, combine ingredients in a small jug.
- To serve, arrange pumpkin and cauliflower on a large platter; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with coconut, nuts, and herbs.
This recipe was originally written by Women’s Weekly Food editors. For more, check out our sister site, Women’s Weekly Food.