If you suffer from hair loss or a thinning hairline, you’ve probably seen a ton of products promising instant hair growth and thicker tresses. And as an editor, I’m on the hunt for those products daily. Recently, I came across a product claiming to be the best hair tonic for hair loss, and it piqued my interest because 1. It contains Vitamin C which is in all our favorite serums and 2. I had no idea what hair tonic really was, and now needed to find out.
The product is Vitabrid C12 Hair Tonic Professional. Its specialty formula combines vitamin C with liquid hair tonic to improve cell metabolism and promote collagen production within the scalp. This not only alleviates dry, itchy scalps and prevents dandruff, it also promotes hair growth from within.
Does Vitamin C Help Regrow Hair?
Vitamin C boosts the production of collagen, thus helping with hair growth. Collagen is a key ingredient in many anti-aging products, collagen powders, and supplements. The reason? It’s a protein that supports. For skin, it adds structure and increases elasticity. For hair, collagen strengthens the follicle and shaft, preventing dry, brittle strands that lead to hair loss.
“As we age, our fibroblasts — the precursor cells to collagen — don’t create as much collagen as they did when we were young,” dermatologist Francesca Fusco, M.D. told Woman’s World.
What is Hair Tonic?
Hair tonic is a liquid moisturizer that breaks down buildup and increases blood flow to hair follicles, stimulating hair growth in places where hair is thin. For existing locks, it can increase shine, length, and overall strand health. It’s so popular for hair regrowth that men have been using it for years to remedy thinning hair.
Combining hair tonic with Vitabrid CG — a stabilized form of active Vitamin C — Vitabrid C12 Hair Tonic Professional delivers transdermal Vitamin C into the scalp for up to 12 hours. Take a look at the before and after:
Why we like it:
- Doesn’t weigh down hair
- Naturally thickens and adds shine
- Hydrates and soothes scalp
How to use: Combine the Vitamin C powder with the hair tonic and shake. Then, part your hair and spray directly onto your scalp. You should use twice a day — in the morning and at night.
- “My hair tends to fall flat but this product boost volume and shine. This formula not only promote scalp health but works to prevent hair loss, which is perfect for thinning hair as well.”
- “I love using this tonic, it is so soothing on my scalp & has a very salon-like feel. Also leaves my hair feeling shiny and healthy!”
- “I love their stabilized Vitamin C tonic hair treatment. Their scalp treatment helps grow healthy hair from the root outward which is extremely important for colored hair since all the chemicals involved hurt our scalp and health of new hair growth.”
See more of our best product recommendations
We write about products we think our readers will like. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the supplier.