Our savory holiday-perfect wreath bakes up fresh ’n easy thanks to convenient country bread mix.
1½ hrs. + rising time
- 1 pkg. (14-14.5 oz.) country white bread mix
- 1½ cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, about 6 oz.
- 1 cup very warm water (temperature called for on mix pkg.)
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- Fresh parsley leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine bread mix, yeast pkt. (included in mix) and cheese. Add water; stir until dough forms. Knead and let rise according to package directions.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 18″x12″ rectangle. Combine herbs; sprinkle over dough, leaving about ½” border. Starting with 18″-long side, roll up dough jellyroll style. Carefully transfer to baking sheet.
- Shape dough log into ring with seam side down. Lightly brush ends with water; press together to seal. Using scissors, cut dough about ¾ way through to center in 1½”-wide intervals all around ring, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Twist cut sections of ring slightly to expose inside spiral of herbs. Place parsley leaves on top; brush dough and leaves with egg. Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and dough is baked through.