Food & Photo
Crisp shallots add toasty sweetness to this taco-inspired dish that comes together fast with rotisserie chicken and a pre-baked crust.
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. thin prebaked pizza crust (12")
- 1/2 c taco sauce
- 1 1/2 c shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (4 oz.)
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line plate with paper towel. In small nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp. oil over medium heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring frequently, until golden and crisp, 5–6 min. Drain on paper towel.
Meanwhile, place pizza crust on baking sheet; brush top with remaining 1 tsp. oil. Spread top with taco sauce, then sprinkle with 1 cup chicken and cheese. Sprinkle tomato and remaining 1/2 cup chicken over cheese.
Bake pizza on baking sheet, or directly on oven rack for a crispier crust, until cheese is melted and golden, 10 min. Top with shallot and cilantro.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.