Our twist on the classic Waldorf salad delivers sweet crunch from apple “noodles”and plenty of tanginess from cider vinaigrette
- 2 Gala apples
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie or leftover cooked chicken
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 6 Tbs. light apple cider dressing, like Ken’s
- Fit mandoline with wide julienne blade. Using mandoline, cut each apple into short “noodles,” discarding cores. Transfer apples to large bowl.
- Add celery, chicken and pecans to apples. Add dressing; toss until well-coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Can be kept fresh in refrigerator up to 4 hrs.