John Paul Urizar - Staff
Roasted asparagus adds gourmet flair to this starter that pairs peppery watercress with a sweet citrusy vinaigrette.
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/3 c olive oil & vinegar salad dressing
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 4 c loosely packed watercress leaves
- 3 mini cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 large radishes, each cut into 8 wedges
Heat oven to 400°F. On rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus, oil, salt, and pepper; arrange in single layer. Roast 20–25 min., until tender. Cool.
Combine dressing and orange zest. On platter, arrange watercress with asparagus, cucumbers, tomatoes, and radishes. Drizzle with dressing.