Food & Photo
Topped with fresh tomatoes and crispy Parmesan breadcrumbs, this Italian-style casserole will delight.
- 8 oz ziti pasta
- 1 (15 oz.) jar basil Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 c shredded fontina cheese
- 1 c frozen kale, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 2 Small tomatoes, thinly sliced
Coat 11"x7" baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Stir in Alfredo sauce, fontina, kale, lemon zest, and pepper into pasta; over medium heat, cook until cheese melts and mixture is heated through 4-5 min.
In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and butter.
Transfer pasta mixture to baking dish; sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Arrange tomato slices on top.
Broil5-7 min. until browned and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.