We gave classic tomato-topped bruschetta an irresistible upgrade with creamy guacamole and tangy feta cheese.
- 12 (½" thick) slices crusty Italian bread
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb tomatoes, seeded, chopped, 1½ cups
- 1/4 c chopped red onions
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil + ½ cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 c guacamole
- 1/3 c crumbled feta cheese
Heat grill to medium-high. Brush both sides of bread with 3 Tbsp. oil. Grill, flipping once, until lightly toasted, 1–2 min. per side; reserve.
In large bowl, mix tomatoes, onions, chopped basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and remaining oil. Divide guacamole evenly among toasts. Top with tomato mixture, feta cheese, and basil leaves.
This recipe originally appeared in our print magazine.